The Airspace Working Group will identify airspace issues that impact on the sustainability and growth of General Aviation, and in particular the majority of General Aviation that requires access to uncontrolled airspace. In doing so, the group expects to:
- Consider the needs of all aspects of aviation
- Liaise with all elements of General Aviation to ensure a balanced view is delivered to Government
- Ensure that the Department of Transport and Parliamentarians are clear about problems General Aviation is facing and suggested solutions
- Identify research to aid Parliament in considering issues related to General Aviation and airspace, including concerns around controlled airspace
- Consider the terms of reference for holding Parliamentary Inquires into the airspace threat to General Aviation
- Promote forward looking developments in a) technology and products and b) in structure and regulation of controlled airspace which give viable access for all of aviation.